Monday, April 4, 2011

April Challenge...COMPLETE! :)

Our April Challenge was to choose 1 set from these 3 designer series papers from the 2010-2011 Idea Catalog that we didn't care for much...Lap of Luxury, Woodland Walk, or Blueberry Crisp. I chose Lap of Luxury for 2 reasons: 1. I'm not a pink fan lol, 2. I don't care for the pink and purple combo much, it works, I just don't care for it as much as I do others. With whichever DSP we chose, we had to either make 3 cards of 1 12X12 scrapbook layout. I'm more into card making at the moment so I chose to do the cards, and here they are...


I love this card! I'm forcing myself to over-hang some of my accents...I'm a little OCD about odd things like that. lol. For this card I used: Pretty in Pink card stock, Lap of Luxury DSP, Wild Wasabi card stock, Very Vanilla card stock, Very Vanilla 1/4" grograin ribbon, hemp twine, dimensional adhesive, Pretty in Pink ink, Wild Wasabi ink, Chocolate Chip ink, Build a Blossom stamp set and matching punch (Occasions Mini Catalog), and Something to Celebrate stamp set (Level 2 Hostess in Occasions Mini Catalog.)


I love this one, too! These are the first cards I've used the Build a Blossom stamp set and matching punch on and I think I'll be using those A LOT! For this card I used: Lap of Luxury DSP, Very Vanilla card stock, Wild Wasabi card stock, Concord Crush (2010-2011 In Color), Wild Wasabi ink, Concord Crush ink (2010-2011 In Color), Build a Blossom stamp set and matching punch (Occasions Mini Catalog), Something to Celebrate stamp set (Level 2 Hostess in Occasions Mini Catalog), and Ticket Stub Corner punch.


This card is not my favorite, but definitely not the worst card I've ever made. lol. I made this at about 1 a.m. after a very long weekend, so my excuse is that I used so much of my "creative juices" making the first 2 cards that I didn't have any left for the 3rd. lol. For this card I used: Lap of Luxury DSP, Very Vanilla card stock, Chocolate Chip ink, Pretty in Pink ink, Wild Wasabi ink, pearl accents, hemp twine, Ticket Stub Corner punch, small heart punch, Because I Care stamp set (Hostess Level 1 in the 2010-2011 Idea Catalog), and Something to Celebrate stamp set (Level 2 Hostess in Occasions Mini Catalog.)

I hope you enjoyed my cards! :)

3 comments:

  1. I think all three are great!! Great job using DSP that is not your style, you did an awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three are great! I love the stamp/punch combo! I think my favorite is the middle one for the same reason you chose the paper, I'm not a pink fan! I didn't pick this pack though, because my girls love pink & purple so I tend to use it quite a bit. My cards using woodland walk are still in the works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job using that DSP...I agree, it's a difficult color combo to work with!

    ReplyDelete