Monday, March 28, 2011

Exploring Blog World!

I'm still figuring all this blogging stuff out! lol. I think I understand most of it, though. Had a GREAT fundraiser on Saturday for the Alzheimer's Association! "Bagger for a Day" literally went off without a hitch...somehow! lol. I had 12 candidates for Mt. Carmel City Commissioner or Mayor come out and bag groceries for 2 hour shifts for tips. I even had 2 of the candidates come back and want to do a 2nd shift! My goal for the entire day (8 hours!) was $150...we raised almost $700!!!!! AWESOME! I'm still on cloud nine from that!

A couple people from my Walk to End Alzheimer's team will be at an intersection collecting change on Saturday, April 9...I'll post the time and intersection when the time gets closer :) Our next fundraiser will be Saturday, April 23 from 9am-1pm at Evangelical United Methodist Church 2010 North Cherry Street in Mt. Carmel. There will be about 20 different vendors, including mysocalledlife-kjb.blogspot.com *Kelly Birrell* with Stampin' Up!. We will also have the Easter Bunny there for pictures! *This is the day before Easter, btw!* There will be a coloring table for the kids, and if they give their colored picture to the Easter Bunny they'll get a treat! All colored pictures will be donated to a local Alzheimer's unit. We will have bake sale items and our cookout will begin at 11am! There will be numerous raffles, also!!

Come out and support the Alzheimer's Association!

Gotta go walk some doggie clients! I'll try to post some of my creations today, also! Waiting on my Stampin' Up! order to complete my challenges! :)

1 comment: